24 May 2007

Returned 5/24/07

Returned 5/24/07


So, after a whole mess of traveling, and some crazy stories to tell, I'm
back driving the computer at my desk at work. I just posted some of the
stuff I wrote while I was gone, although I was too tired to finish the
rest of my miandering thoughts. I didn't return to the hooch until
3:30am last night. I felt bad for my hooch mate after stumbling in the
dark like a three legged ox, but turns out that he didn't get back until
1:30am from his own travels. Spent a lot of time at BIAP where I
expected to see Brendan still stuck there, waiting for transportation
back. He was no where to be found because he returned already from his
mis-adventures. Debriefing of our trips will be discussed over
sandwiches at lunch with Kevin.


Wish I could post pictures. They say that they will have wireless
access at the hooches that won't be regulated by Uncle Sam in the next
few weeks. There is also a rumor that our bags are here and we have to
get them tonight after work. Its strange how so much can happen in just
two short days. I'll post pics when I can of Basrah. It was an...
interesting place to visit. I'll leave it at that.

I'm not quite sure how I can have 40 email messages to sort through from
being gone just two short days, but I best start cracking.




Interesting fact of the day: Soda cans (or pop cans for my Michigander
brethren) have pull tabs over here. I think the US got rid of them a
long time ago for safety reasons. I guess little kids getting tentnus
from stepping on pull tabs is the least of Iraqi concerns.








** Edit **





Here are some pictures:







British Merlin Helicopter we rode in





The entire Iraqi Navy (seriously)




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Glenn, for at least mentioning Brendan. I know he is still there somewhere. You guys must be exhausted. I have plenty of resources, if there is anything at all you want us to send you.

Please let me know. It would make us all feel useful.
Brendan says you guys need nothing but there must be something you are craving.
The MOM

SecretAsianMan said...

Thanks for the offer MOM. Brendan is busy doing "stuff" and we all try to make a point to get the "Captain Mafia" together for meals to check on each other's sanity. So far, all is good, although we still have 11 more months to go.

(sigh)