26 May 2007

Lost and Found - 5/24/07

Lost and Found - 5/24/07


The bags are here! I read the email this morning at work that told of
the place to pick them up and didn't believe it. I showed up at the
appropriate time to get the bags out of the connex (cargo container
unit) and didn't believe it. I stood in a work line shuffling bags out
of a hot and dusty freight box car for almost an hour and STILL didn't
believe it. It wasn't until I was standing next to my 4 long lost bags
that I actually allowed myself a small grin of excitement. Now, as they
are nestled under the confines of my warping bed, I am debating about
digging the keys out of my back pack to unlock the travel locks secured
to each hasp thus allowing me access to all my worldly possessions, or
at least all that I own on this side of the world. I have decided to
hold off for a few more days as the rumor mill states that there still
exists a small chance that we will get moved into our permanent rooms in
the near future. The Room Fairy has graced some more fortunate than I
(Brendan and Kevin for starters) with rooms of their very own and I
anxiously await the scrap of paper taped to the dirty wooden door that
there is a room of my very own out there, somewhere. Until that day, I
will refrain from opening my bags, not because I don't long to reveal
their hidden contents that I've lived without for the better part of a
month, but because I don't want to repack these things again when I
move. What can I say? The heat has made me lazy.


Interesting fact of the day: A bar of Ivory soap will last exactly 1
month if used every day for a shower. I know this because the bar I
have has lasted 28 days and it only has about 2 more showers left in her
before she turns into a pile of white mush in the soap dish. Yes, I am
happy that my resupply is here. And yes, bars of soap are of the female
gender.

1 comment:

BlondHairJew said...

Yes, it would be rather strange to name the thing that you rub all over your body a guys name. "I'm sudsing up with Hank today." or "Chuck and I have only 2 more showers together." So I am glad you refer to your bar of cleanliness as a girl.
Congrats on finally retrieving your long lost luggage!