10 May 2007

Iraq!

Holy cow! I'm in Iraq! Well, I've actually been here for almost a
week, but who's counting? I've written a few blogs, but Uncle Sam has
deemed it unlawful to use the military internet access to view or post
on most blog sites. So, I've found this work around where I can post
via email. I can't add pictures right now, but if all goes well, I'll
get personal internet access some time at the end of the month and will
be able to show what's happening. I'll go ahead and post the past
entries later, but for now, I wanted to make sure that everyone knows
that I'm here, alive, and sweating and that the countdown is well under
way. I'm 3% done with my tour!

Yeah, countdowns aren't so much fun when you have over 90% left to go.

1 comment:

knockedup said...

Guess you're really not in Kansas anymore...glad you made it safe. Not sure if you're checking your email but the baby arrived on 5/6/07 at a very big 8lbs 13oz. The good news was that with the drugs it was a pretty relaxing day and we got to actually read the Sunday paper/catch up before I pushed him out! There are pix on your email account when you get a chance to look at them.