09 March 2007

Pizza

Pizza!

Yesterday, during what I will call the MRE incident, my commander swore off eating another pre-packaged meal for lunch after a violent reaction to the soy meat patty he was foolishly led to believe was edible. Because of this, he dug deep into his Colonel pockets and splurged for pizza for the team. At the break of our class for lunch, the Dominos guy brought in 4 square boxes of the most delicious pizza I’ve had in 6 weeks, which isn’t saying much since the last pizza I had was from the “Papa” at Fort Leonard Wood back in the beginning of February.

It’s amazing how I’ve only been activated for just shy of 2 months and I’m starting to miss things that I took for granted before. What’s sad is that I’m still stateside! It was the TV at first, but I’ve been busy enough to where I don’t really miss watching the boob tube much. If I really wanted to watch TV, they have a 25” TV in the dayroom that usually is spewing out some sit com or prime time drama. I’ve got my books to read, course material to study, gear to prep for the next day of training, and this here blog to take up my TV time. As for the pizza, in my normal civilian life, might only eat a pie once a month (if that), so it surprised me how much I missed pizza until someone mentioned that the boss ordered it. For the last hour of class, I couldn’t even focus on the lecturer as I couldn’t get visions of flowing, stringy cheese and dancing pepperoni out of my head. I guess I should stock up now on those little luxuries while I can because I don’t think that Iraqi’s are known for their mad pizza making skills.




Pizza...the food of the gods!




I know I’ve complained about the cadre here, and for the most part, I’ve come to understand that they are just challenged. Here is an example of their handicaps...


This is a picture of the cadre who locked themselves in the motor pool. How does one do this you ask? I’m not sure myself, but I do know that it took them almost an hour to fix this situation so we could get our vehicles in and, more importantly, so they could get their vehicles out.


Help! We've locked ourselves in!

No comments: