08 March 2007

Class


Class

The slowest days here are the ones spent sitting in class desperately trying to survive the onslaught of PowerPoint slides being thrown at you. What can be worse than that you ask? Well, how about a day sitting in a large room for a 9 hour lecture? Does that sound fun? If you think so, you need to go down to your local recruiter and sign up for the reserves. Go now, as seats are limited!

And what can make a fun filled day like this even more enjoyable? How about getting up extra early to hike to the motor pool to dispatch HMMWVs (jeeps) and drive them to the lecture when everyone else gets to sleep in and take the bus because the cadre didn’t have enough busses for you to take. And before you think that you can’t handle any more, let’s throw in an MRE lunch!

Okay, I’m complaining, but overall the lectures today were not that bad. They brought in a slew of professionals from all over to educate us on things like the Middle Eastern culture, the history of the conflicts overseas and the ins and outs of Islam. The last class was taught by a catholic priest who served in the Canadian army. He was by far the funniest speaker we’ve had to date and he made the class memorable by throwing in a lot of jokes, albeit clean jokes. I tell ya, those Canuks are a humorous bunch, but what would you expect from the nation that brought us the likes of Bob and Doug McKenzie and the Great White North, eh?



No, I'm not a vegetarian, but rather got this by the "un-luck" of the draw


My boss choking down a simulated BBQ beef pattie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did you post the "unlucky" draw on the vegetarian food just to see if I was paying attention? I think eating vegetarian is better than freeze dried steak but really , who am I?

lizza8902 said...

Kind of sounds like college to me, well some of my classes anyway. I can't wait to get back to school, just to get it over with.