17 March 2007

Energy...Fading...

We've been in the computer lab these past few days, trying to stay awake while we learn the Army's new fang-dango computer system used to track stuff on the battlefield. It's a very high speed system that was introduced back when I was stationed at Hood with the whole Force XXI thing, so I guess it's not really "new". It's used to track lots of stuff and give commanders a better virtual view of the playing field, but it also reminds me of the old Intellivision game of Sub Hunt in the level of graphics and skill needed to operate it. Again, it's a great system, but class work is a little dry, as you can see by CPT Brendan slowly losing consciousness




By the way, some of you who are regular readers might have noticed a change in the comments section. I went ahead and erased the requirement for you to create an account or log in with your old account in order to post comments. I did this because most of the people I know keep forgetting their pass words or don't like to register. So, if you want to leave a comment, go ahead and post it. It might take a day or two for it to show up but trust me, it will show up after it is screened for any spam or inappropriate self photos. Just be sure to leave your name so I know who to request more pictures from. :)

Oh, by the way, Happy Saint Patrick's Day to the Irish folk out there. Being a little Irish myself, I made sure to wear green today, just like I do every day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Brendan's Mom. Tell Brendan that this reminds of the time he was playing soccer(goalie) and he was so bored because most of the play was at the other end of the field that he decided to stretch out in goal, his hand propping up his head. I think I said something like, "Get Up and Get UP NOW!!!!!!!!!! I was so mortified. Nice to know some things remain constant. However with age it seems to be harder for that hand to actually hold up his head. Thanks for giving me an addition venue to make big time fun of him. He deserves it after 25 hours in labor.

The MOM

Unknown said...

Everyone is Irish on St. Patty's Day....I know I was!