11 December 2006

Work at work, work at home

The realtor came by today to assess the house and pointed out some things I should get taken care of before the house goes on the market on Friday. Besides the normal stuff like cleaning the carpet and filling in the nail holes on the walls, I’m to clean the windows, inside and out. Now I’m a pretty tidy person, but when it comes to cleaning windows, eh, not so good. It’s not that big of a deal, but just something to add to the list of stuff to get done before I go. For all those folks who asked me if they could help me get ready to deploy in any way, well, I may be cashing in on some of them favors. :)

I learned that some of my friends are also being deployed. They are going to different areas than me, but they are deploying nonetheless. It will be nice to have some familiar faces in a strange land, but I wish it was under different circumstances. Why couldn’t we all just take a nice vacation to the Caribbean instead of the Middle East? I guess Uncle Sam doesn’t pay for those kinds of vacations, do they?

I need to learn how to post some pictures on this thing. Maybe when I get some time I'll take some snaps of the pad in hopes to sell this place quicker.

No comments: