19 December 2006

Sold!

That’s right. The house is sold! Pretty good for only being on the market for 2 days. The inspection is tomorrow morning and I don’t expect anything major to come out of it. Maybe a torn screen or a cracked electrical outlet cover in the garage, but I think all should go well. My realtor has done a pretty good job out of all of this. I hope that the closing goes smooth because I have heard horror stories from my friends who were caught in limbo for months on end due to bad closings.

Went to lunch with my team today. I had the day off work but still met them at Babe’s Chicken for a team lunch (BTW, if you’re ever in Dallas, take a break and eat lunch at Babe’s, you’ll be glad that you did). One of my techs has decided to leave the company after 39 years of service and she will be sorely missed. We had a team lunch to wish her good luck. I had another team member leave a few months back for another job and we took him out to lunch as well. I wonder if everyone is leaving because they know they’ll get a free lunch out of me if they do?

Have I mentioned how much I like my LASIK surgery? I especially like it on drizzly days like today that would normally have me wiping my glasses of water every time I went from the truck to a store and back to the truck again. Seeing without glasses is great! I wish I would have done it sooner. I’m not getting any younger and it would have been nice to enjoy this feeling a long time ago.

No comments: