16 December 2006

Labor and Cars


I spent the day with some good friends of mine in Waco, TX. Of course the day started off with a 4:30am wake up, a 2 hour drive, 10 hours of manual labor, and a 2 hour drive back home, it was still good to spend time with them. It was actually great to see them as I don't get to see them very much and I find that although I have a lot to do before I go, I want to make time to see my friends and family. I've installed plenty of fence in my day, but most of them were made of barb and razor wire. I haven't installed a metal post privacy fence before, but we had some help to show us what to and what not to do. After Ryan and I picked up the two man power auger, we were informed that we should have got a Bobcat tractor with an auger to do the 50 something holes that we had to dig. We did alright though, getting all of the holes dug before lunch and filled in with kwickcrete and poles by dinner. Not bad for an honest days worth of work. The rest of the fence will be put up next weekend and if all goes well I'll be there to help them with that too.
I got some good news too. From a frantic voicemail from my mother to give my dad a call, I found out that my father won a new car! Talk about luck! He won a 2007 Ford Mustang from a radio contest and was happier than a kid on Christmas. I don't know how his bum knee is going to handle the 5 speed manual transmission in it, but it really doesn't matter since the thing makes him and my mom happy.
In other news, I came home to find a realtor sign on the front lawn and a keybox on the door. The house is now on the market. MLS # should be posted some time soon!

No comments: