18 December 2006

Where is winter?


It is the 18th of December, just days away from the official start of winter and I was outside raking leaves from my front lawn today in shorts. What's wrong with this picture? I'm not going to complain because there is going to be a time in the near future where I'll be begging for a 70F day, but it just doesn't feel like Christmas when I get sunburn doing yard work.

Got an offer on the house today. We'll see if it pans out. Not bad for only having two people look at it, but that's because my realtor purposely put it low so I could get it taken care of before I left. They want me to pay for a new fence, which I'm not going to do, so we'll see if they really want it or not when I counter offer and take that out of the deal.

I saw something today that made me feel pretty good. I was depositing a check at the bank today and I saw a Suburban broke down on the main road. I was waiting for the machine to spit my card back out when I saw three guys from the parking lot run out there to help push this lady's Suburban out of the main street. One guy was in a suit and tie, another one was an older gentleman in a work uniform, and the other was a slightly overweight teenager. They struggled at first to get the thing rolling and I felt a little guilty that I was still waiting on my ATM card instead of helping them. Eventually, they got it rolling and pushed it into the parking lot of the Albertsons and they all shaked each others hand and waved to a very appreciative woman. It just reaffirmed my belief that people aren't all bad, which is a good thing.

No comments: