29 November 2007

Work

“Work” has kept me out of the writing business lately. It has consumed most of the free time I use to get so there really isn’t much to write about, so I’ll write about work.

My last team was disbanded a while back and I now fall under a new section. My new larger team deals mainly with logistical issues and, just like my previous job, I haven’t the foggiest as to what I’m doing because I have about just as much experience at being a logistician as I do as a border expert (which is none). No matter though, as I’ve come to accept the fact that I’m just a PowerPoint mercenary for hire. Given enough time I’ll figure it out... or at least I’ll try like hell. One good thing about this new team is that there are more people, so theoretically we should be able to spread the work load out a little bit. I exchanged my three lieutenant colonels and gunnery sergeant for a full bird, three light colonels, a major, and, get this, three captains. THREE! Wow! More people to do the busy work. Unfortunately, the other two captains are on leave now and I find myself as the lone target in the gaze of the field grades.

So, since there is not much to report, I’ll just post some pictures.

A while back I said I was thankful for warm sewage lines from our trailers that keep the cats and dogs warm in the absence of heat. Here is a picture of one of the huggers of the poop pipes.






And for the enjoyment of Thanksgiving, here are the decorations they put in the dining hall to put us in the holiday spirit.



Notice the bunny in the background which is suppose to be an Easter decoration.

No comments: