30 June 2007

Ode to the Sucker Truck

So, every Friday morning, the only morning our section gets off, I get a visit by the septic truck. It's a love/hate relationship with this vehicle, which is why I've written a poem about it.





Ode to the Sucker Truck


You smell
Like hell
Like a dump
When you pump
The septic tank
In the ground
And I hear that awful sound
Of flubble and bubble
(The remnants of bowel trouble )
Early in the morn
The object of my scorn
On my one half day
I can sleep the AM away
I’m awaken from my sleep
By your backup alarm beep
Beep! Beep! Beep!

Why must you create
That annoying sound
Of poo leaving the ground
Where it collects in the heat
This gathering of excrete
Not a pleasant treat
To start a hard day on my feet
With the smell of tank or truck
Filled with a compilation of muck
Wafting towards my door
Where I can’t stand it any more.


Yet I am happy, of course
That you take away the source
Of the stench and the reek
From the tank under the dirt street
That houses all our waste
In your tank where encased
Is the dirt from the showers
And the product of long hours
On the toilet where you’ll
Be dropping the kids off at the pool
Making grimaces or frowns
While taking the Browns
To the Super Bowl
Or a stroll
To the portalet
(remember hover, do not sit)
You take it all away
The source of my dismay
The stuff that leaves my body
And fills the porta-pottie
And the flies that hang around
Follow you out of town
To the dump
Or wherever, I don’t care
As long as it’s not here
Near my home, my trailer
And away from all my neighbors.

Therefore I’ll sacrifice some Z’s
So my nose can be free
Of smelly gray water waste
Or deposits made in haste
From insides filled with beans
Or Thursday mess hall cuisine.
Dispose of this, without delay
So I may return to dreaming of the day
When I can flush my waste away
While perched on porcelain thrones of white
And sewer systems out of site
In the good ol’ U.S. of A!
Ten more months to go
I pray.


These are pics outside of my trailer of my Friday Friend

This is the sucker truck in Kuwait

By the way, still no computer, but as you can see I've managed to make my broken laptop work (no help to the tech support lady).

4 comments:

BlondHairJew said...

Behind the sucker truck is that a trailer like what you are staying in?
It takes a lot of morale boosting pizza to make 2500 gallons of poo.
Remember Kenneths Prince of Poop shirt?

SecretAsianMan said...

Yeah, the trailer in the background is similar to the one I'm staying in, except mine is on stilts providing overhead cover for my neighbors below. They're so lucky.

I don't remember the PoP shirt, but that sounds like something that would fit my current wardrobe.

Anonymous said...

G-diddy-

That poem sucked.

SecretAsianMan said...

Dana,

Why yes. Yes it did suck. It sucked poo.