08 June 2007

101? 6-8-07

101?  6-8-07

.

.

     Apparently my last post was something of a milestone.  It was my 100th post!  Okay, that probably didn't warrant an exclamation point, but it is a milestone nonetheless.  Even though I lack the ability to see my blog from my current workstation, I do occasional get a glimpse of a pictureless KrazyKorean blog when the "watchdogs" let their guard down.  It was during one of these brief openings that I noticed I was at 100.  That's a lot of posts.  I started this blog at the beginning of the year to help my poor parents (who would otherwise be bombarded with questions about how I'm doing) to disseminate information to the masses who wanted to keep track of me.  I know a significant chunk of my entries were just pics with caption and others were just silly ramblings of my hate for snow and stupid people, but I hope I've done a halfway decent job of revealing what and how I’m doing, or at least the best I can with the censor restrictions that I must abide by.  

.

     At times I tend to rely a little too heavily on the blog.  There are letters and emails that I have neglected to write people, especially after I just get done writing a lengthy dissertation of my day in a blog.  I will try and work on that. 

.

     Also, as service announcement, for those of you who are anxiously waiting Brendan’s weekend Top 10 for Friday, you might have to wait a few days because “big brother” has also blocked his access to his blogs.  Until he figures out the backdoor to post via email, he might be down for a while until we get internet access in the rooms.  The outlook on that event is pretty good as they are now promising that we'll get wired into the web sometime before we re-deploy. 

.

.

Interesting fact of the day:  100 is an interesting number.  Not only is it the sum of the first nine prime numbers, the sum of two prime numbers (47+53) and the sum of the cubes of the first four integers (100 = 1^3 + 2^3 +3^3 + 4^3), but it is also the atomic number of fermium, a synthetic element discovered after the first hydrogen bomb explosion.  (This is more of an attempt to make Brian's brain hurt instead of showing off my Google-fu since he is in the midst of taking math for the first time in over a decade)

5 comments:

blondehairjewsister said...

Making one's brain hurt or boggling their mind, causing one to think beyond their usual limits.....points to ponder are always great fun! Although my brother will usually give it back in mega doses.

knockedup said...

As you're talking about Math, I'm realizing that since I didn't take any math in college I haven't had any math classes since high school. Which, and here's my point, has been 15 years! Can you believe its been 15 years since we walked across that stage in our final days as Zebras?

Unknown said...

Thanks for accounting for the silence of your Irish brother.

The "MOM"

BlondHairJew said...

I also was pondering when my last math class was. I had to think about it when I signed up for this "refresher" algebra course. My last course was Geometry in '88. I had Algebra in '87. So that was 20 years ago! So far after my mid-term I am still an A average! Or is that A+B=C average?

To Mom of Three. Back at the campgrounds when SAM made me try a peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich, I thought the idea alone was disgusting. I was wrong. I actually liked it and still occasionaly eat one. Don't knock it until you try it. Thinking of the campgrounds bring back memories of a fish fry and tasty hobo pies!
I, also like your dad, have been known to eat a carton of ice cream at one sitting. Yum!
How is Ugly Art?

Mom of three in Michigan said...

Sorry to hear about the laptop. It is never a good thing. Ours was overheating not too long. We have to make sure to shut it down each night. No fires here. I haven't had math since college and I was able to avoid calculus. I can however take a computer apart and put it back together. I am tinker a lot with our old computers here at home and have had to do some for work. Good Luck with yours.

To blondhairjew, I have tried it twice to make sure. You know Ugly Art, he loves to cook and makes sure you try it at least once. Dad and Mom are doing good. They still are in Westland. My weekness is dark chocolate or M&Ms. Good luck with your classes. It is hard to believe how that it has been fifteen years for Sam and you and sixteen years for me. You also bring up some really fond memories. The campgrounds. We made smores the other day and I really enjoy it with the kids, although I don't remember them being so sticky. It must be the mom in me.