07 June 2007

PB 6-7-07

PB  6-7-07
.
.
Peanut butter will be my downfall.  I think I made this outrageous claim about Baskin Robins before, but I’ve given up ice cream for the time being.  For now, the enemy is peanut butter!  That’s right.  I will survive the myriad of mortar attacks and abundance of roadside bombs during my tour here, but as soon as I hit US soil a little less than a year from now, I will fall over from an over weight induced heart attack brought on by the build up of fat globules pushing against my arteries.  I am aware of the research and studies that state peanut butter is actually good for the heart and all, but the fact that I’m eating what must be equivalent to a small bucket a day can’t be healthy.  My new found addiction started off simply, as I’m sure all good intended addictions start.  It was a peanut butter flavored granola bar sent to me in a care package.  Then came the PB&J I made myself for lunch the other day.  “Hey!  Let’s top some waffles with peanut butter and honey!”  The product that pushed me over the edge was the case of Tagalongs that suddenly appeared in the building.  At 75 calories and 2 grams of saturated fat per cookie, these chocolate covered lard rations have unleashed a peanut butter craving from within that I can’t seem to quench.  I have a strange speculation that the Girl Scouts are indeed working for the insurgency.  It’s so bad that I almost accosted at a jar of JIF with a spoon the other day, only refraining because the owner of said jar was still in sight.  The jar has since been moved from it’s perch on the filing cabinet, but if I run into Mr. 32 oz of Roasted Peanutty Goodness in a dark alley somewhere, I don’t think the outcome will be pretty.  Seriously though, I don’t need any peanut butter.  I have no where to store it and it would the demise of my workout plan.  As it is, I have to buy me a house to come home to, and I sure don’t want to pay the extra for a double-wide if you catch my drift.

.

.

Interesting fact of the day:  Over 80% of the fat in peanut butter is unsaturated.  Great information, however if you eat 5 times the recommended daily allowance of the stuff, that 20% of saturated fat creeps up to 100% real quick.  I think I'll run twice today to help get rid of the tray of Tagalongs I just engulfed.

 

2 comments:

BlondHairJew said...

You forgot peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches. Yum! Doesn't Brendan still have his pickle-in-a-bag you could use for your sandwich? In your foolish attempt to run your calories off, don't forget to stay alert for the dreaded brownouts!

Mom of three in Michigan said...

I don't know if this will help stop you, but it reminds me of watching my dad eat chocolate ice cream. I have seen him eat a whole container.

As far as the pickles and peanut butter, as I am sure there is a great story behind it, it was never something for me. Not even during pregnancy.