26 February 2008

Count

For those of you who have noticed, the absence of my countdown timer is no accident.  I’ve been given so many different dates of when I’m leaving country that I’ve given up on trying to track anything anymore.  Technically, they can’t keep me past 365 days of my “boots on ground” date but I’ve learned that incompetence does not go punished here, giving the leadership no motive to even attempt to straighten out our movement dates.  I will know when I’m going home when I find my happy butt sitting in an airplane heading in a westerly direction.  Until then, I’ll keep my head down and plod forward. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep your head up and plod foward. That way you can see the finish line when it comes up in the distance!

Anonymous said...

They can't keep you forever! Stay focused, and know you'll be home before long!