22 February 2007

I saw a funny thing at church today...

Saw a funny thing at church...

Life is slowly getting into a routine, which has it’s pluses and negatives. We get up, do PT, go to breakfast, train all day, have dinner, have a nightly meeting, get ready for the next day, and go to bed only to start it all again. It’s only the first week of real training, yet it feels like I’ve been here for months. It reminds me of being in college, when life was so full of stuff and your mind was on autopilot until you could preoccupy it with something that broke the norm. And although it is difficult now to get out of this rut, I can’t ignore the fact that in few months I will be deploying. Part of me wants to absorb as much information and training that I can so that I can go fully prepared to do what I have to do and do it well. The impatient side of me wants to just get over there and get it all over with so I can get back sooner. I’m torn, but dwelling on it doesn’t do much good.

I saw this in the church that I had a briefing in today. Since there really wasn’t much that happened in the last few days, seeing this at least got a chuckle out of me. I’m sure that there is a real reason for these things and it probably has to do with safety and such, but ya think they could have come up with a better name.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does it feel like Ground Hogs Day yet? :)

ginnsaypa said...

That is so cute!