25 February 2007

Hi Ho Silver

Hi Ho Silver!

Last night after training (and pulling fire guard) we decided to try and scout out the local town of Manhattan to see what was there. For those who remember last week’s fiasco, that recon adventure ended with me cleaning frozen chicken off the side of the truck. Not this time though. I took the “captain mafia” out just for some dinner at a local steak place called Whiskey Creek. The atmosphere was similar to a Logans or Texas Road House, complete with the peanuts that you throw the shells on the floor. The meal was nothing to write home about (yet I’m writing about it in a blog now) and the service was horrible. What started out as a night to get a decent meal turned into a just a night to drink and complain about where we are and what we’re doing. Nothing that would warrant sympathy from anyone, but just a bunch of guys lamenting about our current place in life and crying in our beers, well, not literally, because Army Captains don’t cry, but you get the picture.

Oh, and there was horse riding that needed to be done by a member of the gang.

Pete after a few beers


For some reason I find myself taking pictures of people on mechanical horses.

Gary a few months back in Dallas


2 comments:

OldPops said...

Hey, I think I know that 2nd guy and that horse looks familiar too. Wow it's a small world with few horses..

garyohdare said...

man I miss that horse, he could have won a derby or something...