23 March 2008

Happy Easter

I received my deployment award yesterday in what one would call a marathon ceremony. Being the eleventh out of twelve people recognized, it lasted over an hour and was full of your typical banter by folks with inflated awards, punctuated by the occasional moments of sincere gratitude. As I sat there listening to the awardees thank everyone and talk about their experiences, it made me a little more reflective than usual about what I've done in my last year here. But, just like my short speech, I will save everyone from my babblings until I have time to make them coherent.

In the meantime, Happy Easter everyone. I hope that his will be the last holiday I spend in Iraq, although I'm not quite sure if one considers April Fool's Day as an official holiday.

I'm not positive, but I think the insurgents either hate the Easter Bunny, or they don't want us hunting for colored eggs this morning. I best go.

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Whenever someone stops by my blog and does not leave a comment, I always wonder "what the hey?! So I dropped by your blog from Jason's blog. I'm glad you are on the downhill side of your deployment, but sorry that I just found your blog. You seem to have a great sense of humor and outlook on life. Stay safe.

David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post From the Front: 03/24/2008 News and Personal dispatches from the front lines.

Mom of three in Michigan said...

Happy Easter to you, too! Glad to hear you'll be home soon!

BlondHairJew said...

It won't be long now!
B