15 July 2008

Kick some grass!

Today I conquered the lawn.

When I closed on the house a few weeks ago, the grass needed to be cut. Almost 2 weeks later, the lawn grew to an unruly jungle that needed attention. I got my lawnmower from my folks house last week and I was a little apprehensive if it would work after sitting dormant for a year and a half, but after a tank of fresh fuel and few pushes of primer, it fired up on the first pull. Ya just gotta love Craftsman!

Oddly enough, cutting the grass is something that I’ve been looking forward to do since my return. I’m sure I have lots of friends and family who would have gladly let me cut their lawn, but that’s not what I was looking for. I wanted to cut my own grass. There is something about getting back into doing the routine things that makes me feel more grounded. I’m sure that the more I do them, the more weary I'll grow of doing it, but for now I am still a wee bit excited about it.

My mowing buddy

No comments: