15 April 2007

3 Months

3 Months

Just three months ago today I was waking up to my first day back in the Army. For 90 days I’ve been at the whim of the military’s re-indoctrination program and while I’ve learned a lot, I feel like I still have so much I don’t know. In about 2 or 3 weeks from now I’ll be getting on that big iron bird and jump the pond for my assignment. Hopefully they’ll teach me more once I get there... well, actually I’m sure they will. Most of it will be “education through emersion”, or a better analogy might be a sink or swim type of scenario. Regardless, I will be drinking from the fire hose of information and will keep my eyes open and my head down until I get to go home, whether it’s 12 or 15 months.

The military has been cracking down on military blogs as of late which might lead me to leave a lot more information out of the mainstream web than I had intended. So, if I’m a little more vague than usual, please understand.

By the way, I broke down and bought the PSP, although I’ve been too busy to even play with it. I’m sure I’ll have ample opportunities to work on my carpel tunnel syndrome while I’m waiting to board the plane.

No comments: