30 December 2007

Top o'da morn'n to ya

It's New Year's Eve day and I'm typing from the airport in Shannon Ireland. First time I've been here, and there's not much to see except darkness and closed duty free shops.

It's been a long frew days of travel, but the end is near. I should be back in Texas for a little R&R within the next 12 hours baring any major delays at the airports back home.

I'm anxious and I'm tired all at the same time. I want to be home and I hope that the next leg of my trip will allow me to get some sleep. We'll see.

No alcohol for us until we hit US soil, but to everyone out there, raise a glass for me and have a very Happy New Year.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a great time Glenn.

You deserve the rest. But who will keep Brendan in line while you are gone. I hope you appointed someone as his keeper in your absence.

Seriously. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Brendan's MOM

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Glenn. Relax and enjoy your stay. It won't be too much longer and you will be home for good. We have all missed you. Lissy keeps us up to date with everything. Hugs from all of us in Round Rock.

Best wishes and our prayers for 2008,
Theresa

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the well deserved time off. They at least opened up the duty free shop when I stopped over. See you when you get back.

Backscatter Brother Rick

Anonymous said...

Relax and enjoy your time with your family. My thoughts are always with you. God bless and Happy New Year!
Joanne

Anonymous said...

Will you be stopping through Big D during your time stateside? If so, call me- I'll buy you a good steak dinner.

Mom of three in Michigan said...

Have a great time at home! Hope your flights were safe and glad to hear about a good to 2008.

Unknown said...

if you get a chance please email me at michael.wiehagen@us.army.mil. I would put money that we have something in common and I have some questions for you if you wouldn't mind. So when you get a chance, please email me. Good luck and stay safe.

V/R,

LT Wiehagen